The Long: (skip to the synopsis)
OK so here’s the deal. I’m really good at coming up with exciting new projects to make/animate/build/desecrate/record/etc. I’m even decent at starting them. Where I tend to fall a bit below the curve is completion; I lack the discipline to stay focused on a single project for its duration. Since few of these side projects have actual real-world applications, I’m not really held accountable for finishing any of them. That’s where you come in, faithful internet. Inspired by the terribly nifty Mr. Jonathan Coulton and his Thing-A-Week project, I’m going to try and finish SOMETHING every week.
I’m going to do my damndest to complete at least one project every week for the next 3 months, and to keep me honest I’ll post each week’s result (completed or not) here on the Monday following its week.
- A “project” shall be defined as “any fucking thing I’ve been meaning to finish”
- Said project can not be something I’m doing directly for money, since getting paid is already a tangible enough impetus and I don’t have trouble finishing those projects.
- Ideally, the project will be one of the legions of projects I’ve already started and is currently wasting space in my workroom or on my hard drive.
- I suppose it is likely that a project may take more than a week to complete, in this instance I’ll post brief weekly progress reports showing actual progress.
What… About ME?:
- Why the hell do you want to know about me?
- Are you some kind of creepy internet stalker?
- Fine, I live in Norcross, GA with two friends, their toddler, a dog, and a cockatiel, and I look like this:
Why don’t I ever update this site anymore?